Log in to download a free trial of Metadefender Core
Leveraging Many Heuristic Engines to Detect Unknown Threats
Due to an increasingly high volume of new malware samples each year, anti-malware engines struggle to update their signature definition databases quickly enough to detect all threats. Most engines complement signature virus definitions with heuristic detection. Metadefender Core leverages the heuristic-based detection from many leading engines, providing the best protection from new threats not yet identified by anti-malware definition databases.
- Scan with more than 30 anti-malware engines
- Detect new threats through heuristic analysis
- Enable and disable heuristics for each engine individually
Scan with Multiple Anti-malware Engines
Metadefender Core scans files for threats using both signature and heuristic detection from more than 30 leading anti-malware engines. By deploying multiple engines, malware detection rates can be significantly increased and exposure time to new outbreaks can be dramatically reduced.
Detect New Threats Through Heuristic Analysis
Heuristic analysis detects unknown threats that are not yet recognized by virus definition databases. This reduces exposure to unknown threats that evade signature-based detection.
Outbreaks from Metadefender.com Detected by Heuristics
Below are several examples of outbreaks detected by Metadefender.com using heuristics. Although signature-based detection works well to protect against known threats, heuristic engines work to detect unknown threats that may have otherwise eluded detection.
- Heuristic Outbreak Detection by Avira - Available in Metadefender Core 4 packages and higher
- Heuristic Outbreak Detection by Zillya! - Available in Metadefender Core 8 packages and higher
- Heuristic Outbreak Detection by AVG - Available in Metadefender Core 12 packages and higher
- Heuristic Outbreak Detection by Ikarus - Available in Metadefender Core 12 packages and higher
- Heuristic Outbreak Detection by F-Prot - Available in Metadefender Core 16 packages and higher
- Heuristic Outbreak Detection by Nano Antivirus - Available in Metadefender Core 20 packages and higher
Individually Enable and Disable Heuristic Analysis for Each Engine
Metadefender Core administrators may find that some files flagged as threats are actually false positives. If this happens, administrators can disable heuristics for a given engine (shown below). This is especially useful for cases where a particular engine continuously flags a high volume of false positives.
Click image to expand view of Metadefender Core heuristic engine configuration