The Metadefender Kiosk provides workflow management and protection through the following features:
Customized data security policies
- Authenticate users of Metadefender Kiosk stations using either domain or system accounts
- Define appropriate workflows for each user or group of users
- Integrate your preferred authentication method, such as employee badges or biometrics, to simplify the user authentication process and tightly tie scan sessions to specific users
Control over data flow
- Scan logging - Detailed history of all scans performed by the
device are recorded to enable auditing.
- Hash look up - Look up the results of a past scan using the
SHA 256 hash value of the file.
- File type filtering - Only allow in the types of files appropriate to the person bringing them in. For example, prevent users from introducing executables to the organization unless they have administrative privileges.
- File type mismatch detection - Verification of a file extension's accuracy is performed to prevent spoofing.
- Format or erase content - Writable media such as USB drives
can be formatted or wiped clean with one,
three or seven overwrite passes. Each overwrite uses a
different set of characters to obliterate the content on
- Custom post actions - Create specific rules for the handling
of files after scan completion.
- Archive scanning - All common archiving methods are fully supported by the system: compression
(zip, rar, etc.), installers (MSI, NSIS), embedded files in documents (Office, PDF), and many others.
- Scan password protected archives - The Metadefender Kiosk is able to present a login screen for scanning password protected archive files.
- Copy files (clean or infected) to trusted portable
media or to a user's network share.
Protection against zero-day attacks
- Convert files from one type to another to remove any threats associated with embedded objects
- Block files by type - For example, block all executables from entering your facility
- Scan content using Metadefender Core - Scan files with multiple anti-malware engines in parallel to increase detection rates using both signature-based and heuristic detection methods.Automatic online virus definition updates can be scheduled, or our offline update mechanism can be used
to update engines that are not
connected to the Internet.
- Protect The Metadefender Kiosk from being compromised by optionally reverting
the system to a known clean state after each session using
Deep Freeze software.
Supported operating systems
- Windows Server 2008 R2
- Windows Server 2012
- Windows Server 2012 R2
- Windows Vista
- Windows 7
- Windows 8
To learn how the Metadefender Kiosk can be deployed in your environment, visit the deployment options page.