Metadefender Kiosk provides workflow management and protection through the following features:
Customized data security policies
- Authenticate users of Metadefender Kiosk stations using either domain or system accounts
- Define appropriate workflows for each user or group of users
- Integrate your preferred authentication method, such as employee badges or biometrics, to simplify the user authentication process and tightly tie scan sessions to specific users
Control over data flow
- Scan logging - Detailed history of all scans performed by the
device are recorded to enable auditing.
- Hash look up - Look up the results of a past scan using the
SHA 256 hash value of the file.
- File type filtering - Only allow in the types of files appropriate to the person bringing them in. For example, prevent users from introducing executables to the organization unless they have administrative privileges.
- File type mismatch detection - Verification of a file extension's accuracy is performed to prevent spoofing.
- Format or erase content - Writable media such as USB drives
can be formatted or wiped clean with one,
three or seven overwrite passes. Each overwrite uses a
different set of characters to obliterate the content on
- Custom post actions - Create specific rules for the handling
of files after scan completion.
- Archive scanning - All common archiving methods are fully supported by the system: compression
(zip, rar, etc.), installers (MSI, NSIS), embedded files in documents (Office, PDF), and many others.
- Scan password protected archives - Metadefender Kiosk is able to present a login screen for scanning password-protected archive files.
- Add digitally signed manifests to processed media that can be validated by Metadefender Client to ensure all media is scanned before it is used on endpoints.
- Copy files (clean or infected) to trusted portable media or to a user's network share.
Protection against zero-day attacks
- Convert files from one type to another to remove any threats associated with embedded objects
- Block files by type - For example, block all executables from entering your facility
- Scan content using Metadefender Core - Scan files with multiple anti-malware engines in parallel to increase detection rates using both signature-based and heuristic detection methods. Automatic online virus definition updates can be scheduled, or our offline update mechanism can be used
to update engines that are not connected to the internet.
- Protect Metadefender Kiosk from being compromised by optionally reverting
the system to a known clean state after each session using
Deep Freeze software.
Supported operating systems
- Windows Server 2008 R2
- Windows Server 2012
- Windows Server 2012 R2
- Windows Vista
- Windows 7
- Windows 8
To learn how Metadefender Kiosk can be deployed in your environment, visit the deployment options page.