Light Point Security and OPSWAT together offer a comprehensive browsing security solution. With the combination of Light Point Web and Metadefender Cloud (formerly known as Metascan), browsing occurs on a remote system outside the network, and downloaded files are sanitized and analyzed with multiple anti-malware engines. By using Metadefender's data sanitization (CDR), exploitable content is removed from all downloaded files. OPSWAT's Vulnerability Engine identifies vulnerabilities in downloaded applications. Browsing and downloading are both made secure with this joint browsing isolation product.
- Because browsing takes place on a remote system in a virtual machine, malware and phishing attacks cannot reach an endpoint through browsers
- Downloading files to a user's device is fast and totally secure
- Files are thoroughly scanned for malware before entering a secure network
- Protection against both known and unknown threats via multi-scanning that leverages both signature and heuristic analysis
- Downloaded files disarmed and reconstructed with functionality intact, removing possible exploits hidden in files
Metadefender...gives our users the peace of mind that their downloads are malware free, and relieves Light Point Security from the task of having to license, maintain, and continually update multiple anti-malware engines.
Co-founder and Chief Executive Officer
- Data Sanitization (Content Disarm & Reconstruction) in order to remove any potentially malicious object embedded in a productivity file
- Vulnerability check for all binaries downloaded
- Multi-scanning and heuristics for handling known and unknown threats
- File Type Verification for protecting your organization from spoofing attacks
- Archive Extraction for better malware detection rates and protection against archive bombs
Light Point Security is a cyber security company that offers an innovative solution for safe web browsing. Given the complexity of web browsers and the thousands of new threats created every day, Light Point Security believes that there will always be new flaws to exploit. Instead of trying to filter and block malicious code, their product, Light Point Web, protects users by installing a browser plugin that transparently launches browsing sessions on a remote virtual machine hosted by Light Point Security. This means that whether a website's code is malicious or not, the user's computer will never be exposed to it. When the user ends the browsing session, the one-time use virtual machine is automatically destroyed, along with any malware it may have been exposed to.
OPSWAT partners with world-leading technology companies to secure entire data workflows and provide faster, more reliable deployments. Joint customers benefit from a certified integration that secures full interoperability for entire product suites.